Labels

October 2, 2012

RGP day7

so I've taken enough rest and today I am moving from "planning and preperation" to  "sketching and concepting" phase of the development process.

here is a fast 30 minute draft of shaping up the feel and scale of the desert planet. I will do a series of these.





Aside of the art part, today I tried Moguri's BGUI, which I will use for menu and some of in-game HUD. It looks very promising, but will require some intensive learning for me to get used to it. I am also planning to create a custom lighting engine with atmospheric scattering, aerial perspective, weather system, moon phases, etc. I will then build physics and handling mechanism on it. After I will publish first pre-alpha demo to try out.

2 comments:

  1. Nice artwork! Love the retro look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! Yea I wanted to have something a bit of 60s - 70s futurism in the game, something of Syd Mead's feel.

    ReplyDelete